Giant Cruise Liner MSC Splendida Arrives in Rotterdam
(With extra pictures) On 2 May, cruise ship MSC Splendida arrived at the Cruise Terminal in Rotterdam. The Port of Rotterdam Authority invited SWZ Maritime editor Hugo Dill to watch its arrival from aboard the MV Ostara.
The MSC Splendida of the Fantasia Class is the largest cruise ship of Swiss cruise line MSC and visited Rotterdam for the first time. The vessel departed from Hamburg to visit Rotterdam and Amsterdam. The vessel will remain longer in Rotterdam than planned due to too much wind at the locks of IJmuiden, which will delay the vessel's trip to Amsterdam.
- Built: 2009
- Gross tonnage: 137,936 tons
- Number of passengers: 3247 (on double berth basis)
- Crew members: about 1370
- Number of cabins: 1637, including 43 for guests with disabilities or reduced mobility
- Length/Beam/Height: 333.30 m/37.92 m/66.80 m
- Decks: 18, including 14 for guests
- Maximum speed: 22.99 knots
- Average speed: 18 knots
- Environmental technology: AW T-Advanced Water Treatment, Energy Saving & Monitoring System, Clean Ship 2
The album below contains pictures of the vessel's arrival in Rotterdam (by SWZ Maritime editor Hugo Dill). Please click the pop-out link (the little squares at the bottom right) to view the pictures in their proper dimensions.