The First Feadship Launch of 2016
(With extra pictures) Feadship launched the 66.25-metre Vanish in a rock ‘n’ roll ceremony on Saturday 23 January at Kaag Island.
Highlights on this latest scion of the Feadship fleet include a free-standing staircase flanked by a glass wall over three decks, an extendable balcony for the owner’s stateroom and a highly innovative transom design. On this particular build, Feadship teamed up with Eidsgaard Design.
Modern and Harmonious
Vanish's modern and powerful exterior profile is softened by harmonious lines and the use of varnished teak, including cap rails with a diameter of more than 25 centimetres. The unusual transom was designed to provide intimate contact with the water while meeting the owner’s desire not to feel intimidated by the hull’s bulk when arriving by tender or swimming from the sea terrace.
The balcony for the full-beam owner’s suite is another hugely impressive feat of engineering. A teak-covered platform slides out from under the starboard companionway using an innovative pull-out mechanism, locking in place flush with the floor level of the stateroom to give a seamless transition through glass sliding doors.
In addition to the owner’s quarters, Vanish also has four guest suites and a large VIP stateroom on the main deck that can be converted into two guest suites. Seventeen crew members are on hand to ensure premium service to all who step aboard.
- Type: Twin screw motor yacht, steel hull and aluminium superstructure
- Length overall: 66.25 m
- Beam overall: 11.80 m
- Draught (loaded): 3.45 m
- Fuel capacity: 154,000 litres
- Fresh water capacity: 41,000 litres
- Naval Architect: Feadship De Voogt Naval Architects
- Exterior styling: Eidsgaard Design / Feadship De Voogt Naval Architects
- Interior design: Eidsgaard Design
- Main engines: 2x MTU 16V4000 M63L, 2240 kW @ 1800 rpm
- Generators: 3x MTU, 8V2000 M51A
- Stabilizers: 1 set Naiad 925, zero speed
- Max. speed appr.: 17.5 knots
- Range: 5,200 NM @ 12 knots
- Owner: The owner’s quarters with his & her bathroom on the full owner’s deck cover the full beam of the yacht and include an extendible balcony and a lounge area that can be closed off with sliding doors to create a separate room.
- Guests: Four guest suites and VIP large stateroom which can also be converted into two guest suites on the main deck.
- Activities/entertainment: Lower deck Beach Club. Spa with sauna, massage room and hairdressing saloon. Sun deck gym with 6-person Jacuzzi. Two heli touch & go platforms. Outdoor cinema.
- Crew: 17 crew: six twin cabins, one twin officer cabin, one twin engineer’s cabin, one captain’s cabin
- Water sports: 26’ tender / 28’ tender / 2x wave runner
Below some extra pictures of Vanish. Please click the pop-out link to view them in their proper dimensions (all pictures by Feadship).