Arrival of the Dockwise Vanguard in Rotterdam
(With extra pictures) At the end of February, Heavy Lift Vessel Dockwise Vanguard arrived in Rotterdam.
SWZ Maritime editor Hugo Dill was on scene on 28 February and took the pictures of this remarkable vessel you find in the album below. Please click the pop-out link to view them in their proper dimensions.
Characteristics of the Dockwise Vanguard
- Length o.a.: 275.00 m
- Length b.p.: 270.00 m
- Breadth moulded / max.: 70.00 m
- Deck Space (L X B): 275.00 x 70.00 m
- Depth: 15.50 m
- Draft submerged at FPP / APP: 31.50 / 31.50 m
- Maximum draft: 10.99 m
- Water-depth above main deck FPP / APP: 16.00 m
- Deadweight (expected): 117,000 metric tons
- Speed (expected): 14.5 knots
Picture at the top: Arrival of the Dockwise Vanguard at Yangtzekanaal on 28 February (by Hugo Dill/SWZ Maritime).