Ship Delivery: Solution
(With video and extra pictures) On 9 May, DP2 multi-purpose support vessel Solution was christened at Urk, the Netherlands, and delivered to its owner DUC Marine Group.
The hull was launched at Shipcon, Dodewaard, the Netherlands, on 26 November after which it was towed to Urk for final outfitting by DUC Marine Group. The engine room was outfitted by Hoekman Shipbuilding. The Solution was designed by Scheepsbouwkundig Bureau Herman Jansen, Monnickendam. On 13 May, the Solution's sea trials took place on the IJsselmeer and the Wadden Sea.
- Length: 54.00 m
- Width: 11.50 m
- Draft: 2.80 / 3.50 m
- GT: 917 GT
- Class: RINA, C + special (working ship), DYNAPOS (AM/AT R), green plus, COMF-NOISE-B, COMF-VIB-A; cleanship, green passport
- Speed: 14 knots (max), 11 knots (service)
- Accommodation: 12 crew and thirty engineers
- Propulsion: main engine: 6 x 380 kW / 475KvA VOLVO PENTA / thruster after: Azipods, 2 x 650 kW / Bow thruster: Fixed, 1 x 400 kW / Swing out, 1 x 400 kW
- Knuckle boom crane: Iron Fist 11.7T@17.5 M1 (incl. active heave compensated winch 10T (man riding 2T); Iron Fist 7T/15M¹ (radiographic controlled)
- Free deck space: 250 m2 (deck load: 7,5 T/m2)
- Towing / AH winch: 1 x 50 T (optional)
- A-frame: 20 T SWL
- Options: On deck an Ampelmann can be installed and there are connections for dive and accommodation containers.
On 21 May, the Solution left for Rostock for its first assignment.
Read more about the Solution in "Maand Maritiem" in SWZ Maritime's June issue (subscribers only) or download the specs including general arrangement (PDF).
The video below is an animation of the Solution. The photo album contains extra pictures of the christening ceremony performed by Anne-Gré Kaptein, ten year old niece of Henk Kaptein, general manager of DUC Marine Group. All pictures by SWZ Maritime editor G.J. de Boer. Pleas click the pop-out link to view the pictures in their proper dimensions.