A Celebration of Dutch Maritime Innovation
Were you unable to attend the Maritime Awards Gala last night, or looking to relive the special moments? Take a look at our photo album.
1000 maritime professionals gathered in Zaandam, the Netherlands, yesterday (12 November) for the Maritime Awards Gala to celebrate the successes of the strong capacity for innovation seen in the Dutch maritime sector.
Watch pictures of this special night in the album below. Please click the pop-out link to view them in their proper dimensions. All pictures by SWZ|Maritime editor G.J. de Boer.
Five Maritime Awards
The Maritime Awards Gala is an annual exclusive networking event. This year, it took place 12 November at Taets Art and Event Park in Zaandam, the Netherlands. Five awards were presented: the Maritime Award KNVTS Ship of the Year, the Maritime Innovation Award, the Maritime Designer Award, the Maritime RNLN Van Hengel-Spengler Award and the Maritime KVNR Shipping Award.
The five winners were:
- Maritime Award KNVTS Ship of the Year 2018 winner: trailing suction hopper dredger Scheldt River;
- Maritime Innovation Award winner: Fleet Cleaner;
- Maritime Designer Award winner: Gijsbert van Marrewijk (Berthan Research) for his study on the application of T-foils under fast ships;
- Maritime RNLN Van Hengel-Spengler Award winner: Kirsten Schmidt for her Augmented Reality Navigation; and
- Maritime KVNR Shipping Award winner: Multraship & Novatug with their Carrousel Rave Tug.
The Maritime Awards Gala will return next year on Monday 4 November 2019.
Maritime and Port Monitor
The Maritime Monitor contains all important developments in the sector, based on figures from 2017. The Port Monitor provides insight into sea port employment, companies associated with sea ports, the added value, and other macroeconomic effects in 2017. Dutch Minister Cora van Nieuwenhuizen (Infrastructure and Water Management) attended the Gala and presented both the Maritime and Port Monitor.
The Maritime Awards Gala is the highlight of the "Maritime Week", which is being held this year from 10 to 17 November. The Maritime Week is dedicated to sharing knowledge and experiencing the training and career opportunities that the maritime sector has to offer.